1:1500 scale miniature paper model, about 3 inches tall
Graham, Anderson, Probst & White designed this skyscraper in 1921, the first after the opening of the new Michigan Avenue Bridge on the north side of the Chicago River, setting the character for development of North Michigan Avenue. The unusual angles of the building allow for dramatic views of the clock tower from the south on Michigan Avenue and east and west along the river. Six shades of terracotta clad the building, becoming pure white at the top of the tower. The Wrigley Building and the Chicago Tribune Tower across the street form the gateway to the famous Magnificent Mile.
Copyright 2022 Matt Bergstrom